At Home Workout #6 – Box Jumps and Planks
by Court under At Home Workouts
Having good body composition is wahaaaaay beyond hard if you don’t have solid legs. If you want to fix your body composition, fix your legs. This workout will help you to get the ball rolling hardcore leg style.
I’m not gonna lie. This workout will be a huge challenge. I’ve done box jumps and planks before and your legs will be on fire when you do the planks. If you want to fix your body composition, fix your legs. Fire is a good thing.
Don’t wuss out. Do it!
Complete 7 rounds of:
- 25 box jumps to a 20+ inch box (24″ preferred)
- Hold a plank for 1 minute
If you don’t have a box at home, anything will do. Here at my house I have like 10 different things that would work including benches, a safe, stairs, a porch, and buckets. Don’t skip the workout because you don’t have a 20″ setup. Use a shorter one if needed.
You need to stand completely up on top of the box before you come back down.
The amount of time it takes you to complete the 7 rounds
The number of rounds + extra reps and/or time you can successfully complete in 40 minutes
Record your time. We’ll be hitting this one again before too long!
Plank Demo Video
Box Jump Demo Video
How To Scale This Workout Down
1. Use a smaller box. At the gym where I workout, there’s a guy who uses a 4″ plate for box jumps. If you can’t handle a lot of height, start low. You’ll improve a lot as you go.
2. Take breaks during the planks. Hold as much time as you can during a one minute period. In other words, don’t stop the plank timer when you break mid-plank.
- Front Squats, Kettlebell Snatches, Box Jumps
- At Home Workout #7 – Squats and Push Ups
- At Home Workout #1 – 100 Burpees
- At Home Workout #4 – Fat Melting Sprint Squats
- At Home Workout #5 – 1 Mile Time Trial
Leave a Reply