Today I met ‘Cindy’ and she is not a nice lady. This workout was a huge challenge. Here’s what she looks like:
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes:
- 5 Pull ups
- 10 Push ups
- 15 Air squats
I completely 22 rounds + 5 pull ups + 5 push ups.
The pull ups weren’t a big deal for me. Thankfully you only have to do 5 at a time in this workout. My problem with pull ups is that I can’t butterfly so my pull ups are pretty dang slow. I probably cost myself at least a round by not being able to butterfly. Didn’t feel tired at all though.
These little devils killed me. I’m good at push ups but I got some bad muscle fatigue and couldn’t push them out. I did pretty well through 15 rounds but after that I had to start breaking them up. By the last round I completed it was taking me four sets to get through them.
I have no excuse to not kill push ups. I haven’t been working on them at all and I haven’t been lifting chest either. Next time I do Cindy I’ll be a lot more prepared.
I regret not doing my squats faster. I hadn’t done this workout before and I was pacing doing the squats. I still had gas in round 22 which tells me I could have gone way faster in this movement. I think I can make up at least a round by speeding up my squats next time.
My Plan for Getting Better at Cindy
1. Learn to butterfly pull ups. I’ve been lazy with this. After 8 months of doing CrossFit I should know how to butterfly.
2. Get my push ups back to where they used to be. This is a huge key to Cindy – push ups are where almost everyone fails in this workout. I should be able to do unbroken sets of 10 for a lot longer than 22 rounds.
3. Go out more quickly on squats. It’s very difficult to fail on an air squat.
4. Improve my metabolic conditioning. When I started CrossFit, my conditioning was completely garbage. It’s still trying to catch up. It’s getting better but I know it’s still holding me back quite a bit.
5. Dial in my nutrition. I’ve been eating really really well for the last three weeks and I’ve been improving a ton at the gym. Hopefully this will continue. I plan on taking my weight down from 196 to about 189. That alone should help out a lot.
Goal for my Next Dance with Cindy
I think that realistically I can get to 26 rounds of Cindy. Of course, I won’t try it again for three months or so.
Leave a Reply