How To Lose Water Weight Fast
You can lose a LOT of water weight in one day if you know how to do it properly. This lesson will teach you the reasons your body retains water, and will help you to correct the problems.
Our bodies are extremely efficient at protecting us from harm. One way they do that is by conserving water when we aren’t drinking enough. That’s right – if you don’t drink enough water, your body will retain it. It helps you to survive long periods with no water while preserving H2O for your body’s functions. Fortunately for us, none of us are really going to go long without water. Unfortunately, evolution won’t catch up for a bajillion years.
The Institute of Medicine recommends that we drink 3.7 liters of water a day, for men, and 2.7 liters of water a day, for women. Guys – that’s about a gallon of water. Ladies, that three quarters of a gallon.
As a nice side effect, drinking this much water will contribute to your healthy appetite control. In that way, it’s possible to lose weight drinking water. You aren’t going to lose a million pounds, but you will lose enough to notice it.
Salt is notorious for making you retain water. Since most people consume way too much salt, they retain more water than they should. Drastically lowering your salt intake will drastically lower your water retention.
Ever watched The Biggest Loser? Most of the contestants lose 10-20 pounds in the first week. The main reason they can lose so much weight so fast is their changes in diet. One of those changes is drastically reducing the amount of salt they take in. They lose a TON of water weight in that first week.
If I go on a sugar binge for a day, I will put on three pounds or so – especially if I pair that sugar with a lot of grains (more on this later). I used to mistakingly believe that this effect happened because I was really gaining three pounds of fat. This, of course, wasn’t the case. It’s improbable that anyone can gain that much fat in one day (not impossible though).
I can actually put on the three pounds because of the extra water that my body retains to deal with the sugar. If I go without sugar and grains the next day, I usually drop right back down. Sometimes it takes two days to get rid of the excess water.
Grains – bread, tortillas, rice, cereals, etc. – also contribute to water retention a lot like sugar does. I can really pack on the water weight fast if I consume grain and sugar combinations such as cookies, cake, brownies, pastries, waffles, pancakes, etc. Add a lot of salt into the mix and you will really retain a lot FAST.
So, if you’re eating a lot of these types of foods, you are retaining water and have been for as long as you have been eating these types of foods. If you go for a few days without eating them, and drink plenty of water (see above), you will probably lose a few pounds of water weight.
Processed foods are loaded with refined grains, sugars, and weird fats. Any of the three can mess with your water levels. Switching to whole foods will make a huge difference and will also have a healthy effect on your ability to lose fat.
Both malnutrition and a lack of calories can lead to water retention, especially if you aren’t eating enough protein. Upping the amount of protein in your diet and making sure that you eat enough nutritious calories will help you to lose water weight fast – often overnight.
Excess water weight is stored all over your body and in order for your body to get rid of it, you have to move. Adding exercise to your lifestyle will help significantly.
Summary and Plan For Losing Water Weight
- Hydrate – Guys drink a gallon a day, ladies drink three quarters of a gallon. More if you exercise.
- Lower salt intake – try to eat very little salt for a day. You’ll notice a difference.
- Ditch the sugars.
- Control the grains.
- Switch to whole food. Ditch the processed stuff.
- Eat enough. Eat more protein.
How Long Should It Take To See A Difference?
You should see results in 24 hours. After 48 hours on this plan, you will get the full benefit.
More Lessons That Will Help You On Your Journey
I’m guessing if you are trying to learn how to lose water weight, you’re wanting to drop weight in general. There are a few other lessons that you should probably take a look at:
- How To Lose Fat Fast is a lesson I put together that will teach you how to do exactly that. After you lose your water weight, you should start trying to lose some fat, assuming you have fat to lose.
- You may also want to take a look at My Story Of Getting Fat, Yo-Yoing, Exhaustion, Mistakes, And Eventual Victory Over Fat. I have gone through a lot over the last few years and hopefully, my story will help you to become more committed to a healthy lifestyle and healthy weight loss.
- If you struggle for motivation, you may also want to take a look at How To Motivate Yourself To Lose Weight. I haven’t always had a lot of motivation in this area, but I learned how to get motivated and now that I know what works for me, I haven’t missed a workout for years.
- Is Drinking Water To Lose Weight Possible?
- How To Lose Weight Fast For Kids
- How To Lose Fat Fast
- How To Get Skinny Fast
- How to Lose Weight in Your Face
Leave a Reply